Wednesday, May 30, 2007

How and Why I Started My Online Lingerie Business

How and Why I Started My Online Lingerie Business.

This is the most common question of curiosity I get from customers, so I decided to share a little inside information on the subject

I started my first website discount-intimate-apparel in 2001. At the time I was working in a food factory as a Sanitation Supervisor. I was surfing the Internet looking for bargain prices on bras and I found that I could get them very cheaply if I bought them by the dozen. So I proceeded to buy by the dozen and sell the ones that were not in my size to co-workers. Then I started to get requests, and one thing led to another.

I always wanted to teach myself how to make web pages and so I began creating my first website. It was a really rough site done by hand in HTML. Everything was going good, I could hardly keep up with the sales. Then I quit my job and about that time Forbes put out an article about Online Lingerie shops being one of the most profitable businesses to start up.

I have to admit since this all started things are not so great these days. I know there are like a million lingerie websites and the competition is rough. Our main site is located at http://www.ladystrange.com and we have set up a storefront at http://www.ladystrange.ecrater.com. Many of my woes come from the fact that I do not like to over hype products, prices etc..(I am a terrible salesman, but a wonderful shopper). I still struggle along to try and keep up with the changes in the Internet, thus this blog. I try desperately to keep in touch with customers and their desires.

Today I try to keep with the original theme of things. A variety of products from a ton of quality vendors and manufacturers available in a variety of sizes. I have always waited to get close out merchandise so I can pass the savings along, and have inventory of unique pieces. That is why some sizes are limited.

I know the guys wanted a kinky fetish answer to how I started this business. I am sorry to disappoint you. Post a comment if you have any other questions you would like me to answer.

Thanks for reading, bye and have a nice day.

Sherri Myers
http://www.ladystrange.com
http://ladystrange.ecrater.com

2 comments:

SEO Consultant said...

nice post. keep it up

Satin said...

You done a fantastic job. Its was very difficult to move from one business to another business.I did't forget you and your work.
Erotic Lingerie.