Saturday, January 13, 2007

Lingerie & A Fat Chick?

Lingerie isn’t just for those skinny ladies that blaze catwalks in Europe or those women jumping up and down exercising on the tube, lingerie is for fat chicks too! I know because I am a fat chick and I love lingerie…what’s even better?

Men love women in lingerie!

Lingerie is made in plus sizes, in some pretty steamy styles and shopping online is the best way to find all of the plus size lingerie any woman would love. Ten years ago I began looking for lingerie and you would think that lingerie shop owner would carry a size 18 right…wrong! That shop isn’t there anymore and that’s probably why.

Then I relied on discount stores, you know all those stores that end in –mart! Which honestly some of the items they carried were cute but they were cheap and didn’t last very long. I’m sure if you’ve ever purchased anything from these places, you know what I mean. Lingerie from these discount stores just doesn’t last and at times I wondered where they got the models from to make those cheap pieces of lingerie because the stuff I bought never flattered my curves!

The one day I came across a website full of plus size lingerie and I almost didn’t place an order, I saw this icon that said “contact us” so I e-mailed them with a size question. To may surprise just ten minutes later I checked my e-mail and customer support had e-mailed me back to give me exact measurements.

My very first order was a beautiful long off white satin gown with adjustable shoulder straps that came with a sheik satin and lace coat that matched. My husband actually picked it up from the post office but he had no clue what is was because it didn’t have the words ‘lingerie’ plastered all over it and it was very discreet, it looked like a normal package would. Ever since that day, I’ve ordered online and I’ve been so glad because I have lingerie, nice lingerie!

I’m a curvaceous woman and there are parts of my body that I want to accentuate, there’s lingerie made just for me thank God! There are days when I want to wear lingerie just for me because I feel feminine, days I want to show how sexy I feel or days when I just need to feel sexy because we all have those days when we don’t feel so sexy. I have found that by wearing just a simple pair of lacy panties has actually lifted my spirits and made my day better, panties are just one of my own weaknesses.

I have thongs probably for every day of the year, curve enhancing cheekies that my hubby loves and all kinds of bras too. All of them I ordered online, I’ve even made friends with a few of the site owners to get some attractive discounts but shhh… don’t tell anyone that!

My husband loves the fact that I wear lingerie and that we can spice up our love life, I’ve even ordered some delicate things for him! I have one set that’s a little racy you could say and my husband was shocked when I threw it on, so was I! Who says I can’t wear a navy blue corset with matching thongs? My hubby tells me I can wear those any day of the week after the fun we’ve had with those. I hate to admit this but I wore them under a dress to a funeral once, my hubby put his arm around me and he felt something familiar…he said, “what are you wearing under there?”

We left early!

The fact is lingerie is made for every woman and it’s an old boring cliché to think that lingerie is something that thin women are only entitled to. My advice to any woman who is looking for something to liven up the wardrobe is to grab a few nice pieces of lingerie, just don’t let it turn into a shopping hobby like mine has become unless you fall in love with lingerie too!

By: Lisa Gonzalez

No comments: